Android 8.0 Oreo sees a measly gain in November distribution numbers

Postado Novembro 14, 2017

Android 8.0 Oreo, Google's latest mobile operating system, after showing up in October Android distribution chart for the first time has made a small rise in new version chart.

Marshmallow fell 1.1 percentage points to 30.9%, but is still the most used version of Android and will likely remain so for another few months.

Nearly six weeks after debuting on the distribution numbers, Google's latest operating system only rose a tenth of a percentage point. Last month, Android Nougat (Android 7.0 and Android 7.1) was running on 17.8 percent of active devices. Last month, Android Oreo was reported running on 0.2 percent of Android devices, and it has now reached 0.3 percent of active devices. In fact, it was released nearly three months ago for Google's own devices.

The updated Android distribution numbers confirm that Android 7.0 is now present on 17.6 percent of active devices while Android 7.1 is present on 3 percent devices, making the total number as 20.6 percent. But, now that the distribution numbers are out, we do know which Android versions have gained more share in the chart and which ones have dropped. The interesting part is that this 0.3 percent gives us a perspective about how lax the rollout for latest updates for Android-powered smartphones is across the market. Lollipop maintains its second spot with 27.2 percentage while KitKat still accounts for about 13.8 percent of the market.