A Times of India report stated, that the house that was part of Manam got destroyed in the fire.
Four fire tenders - two from Film Nagar fire station and one each from Sanatnagar and Secunderabad-were rushed to the sprawling studio to bring down the fire, which reportedly erupted around 6:00 pm. No casualties have been reported as both the sets were vacant.
For those who don't know, Annapurna Studios was founded by Akkineni Nageswara Rao, twenty two years ago.
Though it was suspected that a short circuit might have caused the fire, Telangana state disaster response and fire service department personnel said that they are yet to ascertain the reason.
In addition to Manam, the sets of Megastar Chiranjeevi's "Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy" turned to ashes completely. The studio was named after the veteran actor's wife - Annapurna Akkineni.
It mainly produces and distributes Telugu films and also provides production facilities, including sound stages for set construction, outdoor sets, editing, dubbing and digital intermediate suites.