Possible serial killer may have struck again overnight in Tampa, police say

Postado Novembro 14, 2017

Police are investigating what they are calling a suspicious death.

Police were asking residents of a Tampa neighborhood to stay inside Tuesday morning after a body was found in the same area where three people were found shot to death last month.

Officials said officers were patrolling the neighborhood when a 911 call came in of shots fired around 4:51 a.m. Police said they believe the victim was shot.

A makeshift memorial for shooting victim Anthony Naiboa sits on a sidewalk in the Seminole Heights section of Tampa. Police want residents to stay inside their homes.

Hegarty said that investigators are treating the death as related to the three recent unsolved murders in Seminole Heights.

There is a massive police presence in the area searching for the suspect. Many streets are closed as detectives search for the killer, conduct interviews and gather evidence.

People living in Seminole Heights have been on edge after the murders of three people.

Anthony Naiboa, 20, was shot to death October 19 after he accidentally got on the wrong bus after leaving work and ended up in the neighborhood by mistake, police said.

Two days after Mitchell, 22, was shot, Monica Hoffa, 32, was gunned down. Mitchell was shot and later died of the injuries he sustained.

Police released surveillance video that was taken the night of the first shooting, depicting a man - described by authorities as a person of interest - dressed in a hooded sweatshirt running away from the neighborhood within seconds of the killing.

The reward for information leading to the arrest of a suspect now stands at $41,000.

Within a minute of the video, the person was seen running in long strides down the street.