At least four people have been killed in a Daesh suicide operation against the United Arab Emirates (UAE)-backed forces today, Anadolu Agency reported. Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack on the group's Amaq News Agency, which says more than 30 people were killed.
Last month, UAE-backed southern Yemeni forces wrested control of Aden from forces loyal to Hadi in several days of fighting that ended with a truce brokered by Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The witnesses said the blast was caused by a auto laden with explosives, apparently driven by a suicide bomber towards the kitchen in al-Derain area in northern Aden.
On February 24, twin suicide bombings claimed by IS hit a base of an Aden counter-terrorism unit, killing five people, including a child.
Daesh has continued its attacks in Yemen, while Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) has remained silent on its open source networks since 23 March.
The attack in the north of the port city hit an army mess hall serving the so-called Security Belt brigade, a security source said.
The UAE entered Yemen in 2015 as part of the Saudi-led coalition to assist the Yemeni government with threats posed by the Iranian-backed Houthi group which now controls the capital Sana'a.
The government established its headquarters in Aden, Yemen's second city, after the rebels forced it out of the capital in 2015.