Eight boys rescued from Thai cave in good mental, physical state

Postado Julho 11, 2018

All 12 boys and their coach who became trapped in a flooded Thai cave more than a fortnight ago have been rescued, the Navy SEALs announced on July 10, completing an astonishing against-the-odds rescue mission that has captivated the world.

Federation Internationale de Football Association expressed "profound gratitude to all persons involved in the rescue operation", and condolences for the family of the Thai Navy SEAL diver who died.

Eight boys had been brought out in two expeditions on Sunday and Monday, leaving a further four and their football coach to make the perilous journey back to the entrance on Tuesday.

The SEALs in the photo, as well as a medic, are being praised for staying with the boys and ensuring every last one exited the cave before they left.

He said the group can eat, move about, and talk.

Underscoring the danger behind the mission, Ivan Karadzic said, "They are diving in something considered an extremely hazardous environment".

They are still being quarantined from their parents because of the risk of infection and would likely be kept in hospital for a week to undergo tests, officials said.

Audiences around the world cheered the rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a cave in Thailand with messages of support as the saga generated suggestions of help, prayers and - finally - expressions of relief.

Boys number six and seven were brought out a little over an hour later, with boy number eight spotted being taken out at about 7.40pm local time.

This final mission aims to rescue the last remaining 4 members of the team, as well as their coach.

Just before 1pm United Kingdom time, it was announced that all 12 boys and their coach were safe.

On Sunday, four boys were brought out from the cave after being tethered to rescued divers.

All the rescued are expected to be taken to the hospital soon.

When asked about his first reaction as he saw the first set of boys who were rescued he admitted that he was "very scared". The rescued boys are now in the hospital receiving treatment. "I felt like he was one of my own children and I wanted him to come home".

The hazardous bid to rescue the boys - aged between 11 and 16 - started unexpectedly on Sunday when the rescue team said conditions were flawless for the evacuation.

Two of the boys are thought to have lung infections, but there are no serious complaints to report.

President Donald Trump joined those paying tribute to the rescuers.

Rescuers are racing to remove the remaining five members of the Wild Boar soccer team from the cave before the return of heavy monsoon rains.