The 32-year-old made his intentions clear that he wanted to pursue a career in football and has spent the last two months on trial with the Australian club.
Money could however be an issue, as there is no word on how much the Jamaican has been offered and Football Federation Australia previously stressed they won't be helping out with any marquee funds.
Reports of the offer surfaced during the contest, with Mariners boss Shaun Mielekamp reportedly having tabled a contract with Bolt's management over the weekend.
"That offer is much, much less than [the Bolt camp] were originally requesting".
Bolt's long-time agent Ricky Simms then confirmed with Fairfax media that his man had received an offer from the Gosford-based club.
"But you have a look at our frontline today and you wonder if he could get into any of those positions, wouldn't you?"
Bolt, who scored twice in his final trial game a couple of weeks ago, did not travel with the team for the 1-1 draw against Brisbane Roar and that's when news of his contract emerged.
Wouldn't you?' he said.
The former Manchester United trainee has said in the past that he thinks it might be until next year that Bolt was fit enough to make a proper call on, and questioned on Sunday whether he could displace any of the club's front three. Mulvey said. "I do appreciate how important this story is for the rest of the world".
'You're just talking about speculation, I don't know anything about what you're talking about and that's the honest truth'.
The 100m and 200m world record holder had recently declined a two-year contract from Maltese champions Valletta FC.