Ankle injury rules out Spurs’ Dembele till 2019

Postado Novembro 10, 2018

Tottenham's Belgian global midfielder Mousa Demebele has been ruled out of action until after New Years Eve due to an injury the Premier League outfit tweeted yesterday.

The 31-year-old Belgium worldwide was forced off in the first half of Tottenham's 3-2 win at Wolverhampton Wanderers and missed Tuesday's 2-1 Champions League victory over Dutch side PSV Eindhoven.

According to the tweet the results from the medical examinations have shown that Dembele has suffered a ligament damage to his right ankle and wont be playing for the rest of this calendar year. The Belgium global is out of contract in the summer and had been linked with a move away in January.

Speaking to at a press conference, ahead of Tottenham's game against Crystal Palace, Pochettino said the club will look at how Dembele reacts after the injury and said: "We hope that from the beginning of January he will be ready".

Spurs make the trip to Selhurst Park on Saturday for what will be their fifth game in 13 days and last before the November internationals.

"It's a massive effort for the players".

Danny Rose remains injured and Pochettino, who revealed the pair share an unlikely taste in aftershave, revealed his groin injury is taking longer than expected to heal. Pochettino asked. "I think we need to be grateful because we can compete in London, close to White Hart Lane, close to our training ground and that's a massive advantage for us".

"We will see on Saturday, it was a tough game against PSV in the Champions League", he said.

"I think for our fans, they need to start to create in their minds and think that one day more in Wembley is one day less to being in our new stadium", he said.

"That is why we need to care and send them really fresh".