Dia Mirza reacts to sexual assault allegations against Rajkumar Hirani

Postado Janeiro 14, 2019

The complainant has chosen to go to the media instead.

She said she did not take any immediate action against Mr Hirani as she feared losing her job.

While there was much buzz about the film going on floors later this year, the director, Rajkumar Hirani was called out for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman who worked with him on his 2018 film "Sanju", starring Ranbir Kapoor in the lead role.

The complainant was further quoted as saying, "I had no choice but to be polite to him, It was unbearable but the reason I endured it all, until I couldn't, was because I didn't want my job to be taken away from me, and work to be questioned".

Following the allegations of sexual harassment against filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani, his nextMunna Bhai 3 has reportedly been stalled until he gets a clean chit.

Meanwhile, Chopra's wife, who is the director of Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI), confirmed to the publication that the woman had reached out to them, and they had assured her of full support.

In an email seen by Huffpost, written by Hirani to Anupama Chopra, he said that his relationship with her husband was "crumbling under pressure" and he was open to being investigated by an independent body. As per reports, she sent an email to producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra, writer Abhijat Joshi, Chopra's wife and journalist Anupama Chopra regarding the incident.

"VVC Films too has taken the matter seriously, and dropped Hirani's name from the promotional material of Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga".

The new posters of this Sonam Kapoor-Anil Kapoor starrer exclusively credit Vidhu Vinod Chopra as the co-producer. We also offered to set up an ICC at VCF (which we have set up since then) even though a VCF ICC could not have taken up the case since she was an RHF (Rajkumar Hirani Films) employee at the time.

In a recent statement released by the official spokesperson of Rajkumar Hirani, the filmmaker has denied the sexual harassment claims made by the complainant adding that it is an attempt to malign his reputation. "These are two separate companies", she said in an email dated December 5, 2018. "As Vinod and I told her then, she has our full support and we are fully respectful of whatever decision she has taken", Anupama told Huffington Post. She added, "I did not want in any way to pressurise her or steer her in any direction". Because if Hirani said I wasn't good, everybody would listen.