New Zealand terror attack

Postado Março 17, 2019

Police said three people were in custody.

The 28-year-old Australian man accused of yesterday's terror attack that left at least 49 people dead in Christchurch has appeared in court this morning, charged with murder. Tarrant, who posted an anti-immigrant manifesto online and apparently used a helmet-mounted camera to broadcast live video of the slaughter in the city of Christchurch, appeared to make a hand sign, similar to an OK sign, that is sometimes associated with white nationalists. The court appearance lasted only about a minute and he was led back out in handcuffs after being ordered to return to court again April 5.

Police urged all mosques across New Zealand to stay closed over the weekend for security reasons. "Now is the time for change".

Bangladesh cricketers arrived in a bus and it was only about 50 yards from the mosque.

Parker was meeting a vigil group at the Auckland's Aotea Square a day after 49 people were gunned down at two Christchurch mosques in a brazen attack that the culprits curated for social media, New Zealand Herald reported. The nationalities of the victims included Indian, Pakistani, Malaysian, Indonesian, Egyptian, Bangladeshi, Saudi, Somalian and Turkish, authorities said. She was shot in the face, the abdomen and the leg. Al-Daraghmeh told the station that his brother was also wounded and remained in stable condition. He said he and others escaped by breaking through a glass door.

"But that arrest was tangential to this matter and we do not believe that he was involved in this attack either", he said.

Watch: PM Ardern's comments on tightening gun laws.

"I can tell you right now, our gun laws will change", Ardern said. "As is the entire nation, we are all unified in grieving together", she told reporters.

Australian Man Appears In Court On Murder Charge After Christchurch Attack

"We grieve, we are shocked, we are appalled, we are outraged, and we stand here and condemn absolutely the attack that occurred today by an extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist".

Dozens more were wounded when Tarrant opened fire on worshippers in two mosques.

Ardern urged the public not to share the "distressing" 17-minute video.

Mohamed Hassan, a journalist who lived in New Zealand for most of his life, says Muslims have been grieving alongside numerous other communities.

The suspect, who is an Australian citizen, was living in the southern city of Dunedin, about 225 miles from Christchurch, at the time of the attack, Ardern said. Tarrant's family is from the northern New South Wales town of Grafton and New South Wales state Police Commissioner Mick Fuller says his officers are investigating to help New Zealand police. At least one Palestinian died, Palestine's ambassador to Australia and New Zealand said in a statement.

Tarrant did not have a criminal history and was not on any watchlists in New Zealand or Australia. An eighth victim died at the hospital.

He is one of three people arrested in connection with the shooting; and while the other two remain in custody, their role remains unclear.

Officers said they were trying to track the vehicle and described the suspects as white men believed in their 20s.