Mundo

More than 2.1M without power in Florida

More than 2.1M without power in Florida

Hurricane Irma weakened from a Category 5 and hit the Keys on Sunday as a Category 4 storm. A high school in Homestead, a city in which 90 percent of its residents were without electricity on Monday, lost its roof. The Florida Keys were hit particularly hard by Irma , with reports of massive damage caused from a combination of wind, rain, and surge. Capsized power lines, surging waters, fallen trees and blocked roadways greeted them. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Facebook Testing Instant Videos To Download Over WiFi

Facebook Testing Instant Videos To Download Over WiFi

Because videos load even slower than web pages, publishers might be keen to get involved to ensure maximum viewability for their clips. It's also possible that, like Instant Articles - the quick-loading news stories that Facebook hosts for publishers - Facebook could be looking for stronger control over its video ecosystem and could grant publishers certain benefits for making videos that fall within its guidelines. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Asus releases ZenFone 4 Series in Canada, US

Asus releases ZenFone 4 Series in Canada, US

ZenFone 4 series , including the ZenFone Max 5.2-inch, ZenFone 4, and ZenFone 4 Pro , will be available Q4. The handset is available to buy today from Asus itself, as well as Amazon , Best Buy , Newegg , and B&H. For example, they have 5.5-inch 1080p displays (instead of the 5.5-inch 720p screen of the Max), up to 6 GB of RAM, and more powerful processors. The phone is capable of supplying 5V at 1.1A for charging attached devices. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Georgia Tech's game against Central Florida canceled

Georgia Tech's game against Central Florida canceled

Even though the weather will no longer be an issue by Saturday, playing the game would be a logistical impossibility. The teams are looking for a way to reschedule the game. The ACC announced Sunday that Miami at Florida State has been moved from this weekend to the weekend of October 7 due to Hurricane Irma. "Now that the storm has passed through Gainesville, the University of Florida is working with local authorities to assess the effect of the storm on the campus and the ... Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Hurricane Irma weakening but still presents a threat to life, say forecasters

Hurricane Irma weakening but still presents a threat to life, say forecasters

It's now heading to Georgia, but is expected to be downgraded to a tropical storm on Monday. Alabama officials are also getting ready for the wrath of Irma . The hurricane was responsible for at least 26 deaths, including 10 in Cuba , as it passed through Caribbean island nations. "That's where the high concentrated policy counts are, where the population lives", Bruce Lucas said in an interview with " Closing Bell ". Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Qatar 'misleading' world over diplomatic row, says UAE's ambassador to UN

Qatar 'misleading' world over diplomatic row, says UAE's ambassador to UN

The closure of the air, sea and land borders was in violation of the provisions of worldwide law and global trade rules, which had a negative impact on the freedom of trade and investment, he said noting that the siege countries had taken many illegal measures that constituted a grave violation of civil, economic and social rights, including prohibiting the entry of Qatari citizens into or passing through their countries, as well as preventing their citizens from traveling to or residing in ... Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Irma maintains Category 4 wind speeds as it moves toward Florida

Irma maintains Category 4 wind speeds as it moves toward Florida

Days ago, Hurricane Irma was forecast to travel west through the Caribbean, rolling over islands including St. Martin and Puerto Rico, before turning north to Florida. As Hurricane Irma pummeled Florida this past weekend, the weather in Kansas City remained mild and calm. A lake wind advisory remains in effect throughout the state, and a high-wind watch for Midlands counties for tropical storm force winds is in effect through Monday evening. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Irma still pounding Florida as Category 1 storm

Irma still pounding Florida as Category 1 storm

Over the past 100 years, the islands have been struck by a hurricane an average of one every 4.5 years - most disastrously on Labor Day weekend of 1935, when a nameless storm with 200 miles per hour winds killed as many as 485 people and an entire railroad, the Keys extension of the the Florida East Coast Railway, which was totally wrecked and never rebuilt. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

North Korea celebrates scientists who helped detonate nuclear device

North Korea celebrates scientists who helped detonate nuclear device

The US had originally proposed harsher sanctions including a total ban on oil imports. "These are by far the strongest measures ever imposed on North Korea", Haley said . Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has suggested the possibility of dialogue - but only if Pyongyang first agrees to freeze its nuclear program. Vladimir Putin and Angela Merkel have resolutely condemned Pyongyang's disregard of the UN Security Council resolutions. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Malaysian PM Najib, wife meet Malaysians in Washington

Malaysian PM Najib, wife meet Malaysians in Washington

Human Rights Watch says Prime Minister Najib Razak is desperate to show that his worldwide reputation is untarnished by the 1MDB scandal. There are about 28,000 Malaysians living in cities throughout the United States. Both the prime minister and the fund deny any wrongdoing. The department was seeking to recover US$540 million (RM2.2 billion) in assets from 1MDB in the civil action. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Hurricane Jose has weakened but will linger over Atlantic for days

Hurricane Jose has weakened but will linger over Atlantic for days

Jose is moving toward the north-northwest near 10 miles per hour, and a turn toward the northeast is expected by tonight, with a reduction in forward speed. But the cone of uncertainty isn't a forecast; it represents an average track error over the past five years. Based on Monday morning's GFS model forecast , there is a 25% chance the storm will hit the U.S., 25% chance it will hit Canada, and 50% chance it will spin back out to sea. Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »

Rohingya Muslims injured as Burmese military 'plant land mines' - Amnesty

Rohingya Muslims injured as Burmese military 'plant land mines' - Amnesty

Myanmar says its security forces are carrying out clearance operations to defend against ARSA, which the government has declared a terrorist organization. Suu Kyi said her government is trying to help "everybody who is of our country, whether or not they are our citizens". The truce was dismissed by Myanmar authorities who said they did not negotiate with "terrorists". Consulte Mais Informação

Continue lendo »